- The original edition contains a tribute to Busch and Cup Series drivers Adam Petty and Kenny Irwin Jr., who were killed in separate practice run crashes at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway in 2000.
- It was developed by Monster Games and published by Hasbro Interactive. The PlayStation version was co-developed with Digital Illusions CE.
- NASCAR Heat is a 2000 racing video game for the PlayStation, Microsoft Windows and Game Boy Color.
- Genre Racing / Driving, Simulation
- Perspective 1st-person, 3rd-person
NASCAR HEAT has four different modes of play to choose from, based on the 2000 NASCAR Winston Cup Season. The game offers Single Race and Championship Season. These modes allow the player to choose their favorite driver and race against a full field of cars at one or all of the NASCAR tracks. Race the Pro and Beat the Heat Challenge are two modes of play that separate this product from the competition. Beat the Heat provides the player with a number of challenges designed around scenarios that actually occur in NASCAR. These challenges deal with everything from the best way to pass at a particular track, to pit strategy for tire changes. Race the Pro offers the player the opportunity to race against Laps actually driven by some of NASCAR’s biggest stars.