This Purolator Shipping Plugin for WooCommerce provides integration with Purolator Webservices and your WooCommerce website. It is able to provide live shipping rates directly to your customers in their shopping cart as well as at checkout. It, also provides up-to-date package information from Purolator’s Parcel Tracking service. This plugin is fully bilingual in English and Français (French) and is compatible with WPML, a multilingual plugin for WordPress. It can be used to ship within Canada as well as Worldwide.
Parcel Tracking Service
Package Tracking is available when you enter the PIN (Parcel Identification Number) or Tracking Number into the customers order details. This plugin will automatically look up the most recent and up to date event information available for your order from Purolator on a daily basis. You can set an automatic email notification to be sent to your customer when the package is mailed or delivered. The tracking information can be set to allow your customer to receive up to date information on their order either as an email notification and/or at your customer order page.
Live Shipping Rates in the Shopping Cart
This shipping plugin uses the product’s weight and dimensions to calculate the most accurate shipping rates. For the rates to work, product weight is required but product dimensions are optional. The shipping cost can be calculated with boxes, if configured. If desired there is the option to add a mark-up rate to shipping charges.
You are able to choose which services from Purolator you want to offer your customer (ie. Purolator Ground, Purolator Express, Purolator Express 9AM, etc). There is also an option available to add additional handling time if needed. The shipping charges will be calculated and displayed using current and live rates directly from Purolator.
An additional feature gives you the option to set up Flat Rates; which gives you the ability to set a flat rate for standard envelopes or parcels that you use for shipping.
Multilingual / Bilingual English and Français (French)
Shipping rates and information from Purolator can be shown in English or Français (French). This is set by your WordPress installation or WPML language selection. The plugin includes a language file for French (fr_FR), which provides full French translation for all admin screens and labels. Note: Support communication and documentation is currently only in English.
Purolator Services Available
- Purolator Ground
- Purolator Ground 9AM
- Purolator Ground 10:30AM
- Purolator Ground Evening
- Purolator Express
- Purolator Express 9AM
- Purolator Express 10:30AM
- Purolator Express Evening
- Purolator Express Envelope 9AM
- Purolator Envelope 10:30AM
- Purolator Express Envelope
- Purolator Envelope Evening
- Purolator Express Pack
- Purolator Express Pack 9AM
- Purolator Express Pack 10:30AM
- Purolator Express Pack Evening
- Purolator Express Box 9AM
- Purolator Express Box 10:30AM
- Purolator Express Box
- Purolator Express Box Evening
- Purolator Ground U.S.
- Purolator Express U.S.
- Purolator Express U.S. 9AM
- Purolator Express U.S. 10:30AM
- Purolator Express U.S. 12:00PM
- Purolator Express Envelope U.S.
- Purolator Express U.S. Envelope 9AM
- Purolator U.S. Envelope 10:30AM
- Purolator U.S. Envelope 12:00PM
- Purolator Express Pack U.S.
- Purolator Express U.S. Pack 9AM
- Purolator Express U.S. Pack 10:30AM
- Purolator Express U.S. Pack12:00PM
- Purolator Express Box U.S.
- Purolator Express U.S. Box 9AM
- Purolator Express U.S. Box 10:30AM
- Purolator Express U.S. Box 12:00PM
- Purolator Express International
- Purolator Express International 9AM
- Purolator Express International 10:30AM
- Purolator Express International 12:00PM
- Purolator Express Envelope International
- Purolator Express International Envelope 9AM
- Purolator Express International Envelope 10:30AM
- Purolator Express International Envelope 12:00PM
- Purolator Express Pack International
- Purolator Express International Pack 9AM
- Purolator Express International Pack 10:30AM
- Purolator Express International Pack 12:00PM
- Purolator Express Box International
- Purolator Express International Box 9AM
- Purolator Express International Box 10:30AM
- Purolator Express International Box 12:00PM
Summary of Features
- Live accurate shipping rates directly in Woocommerce shopping cart and checkout page
- Parcel Tracking: Updates your order with Parcel Tracking details when a PIN/Tracking number is added
- Ability to add a markup/margin to shipping rates
- Uses Purolator’s new Web Services for speed and stability
- Ability to use Shipment Boxes in rates calculation
- Bilingual option in English and French (Translation-ready with Language files (.po/.mo))
- Requires a Purolator Business Account and Purolator Developer API Account (free) – You can simply sign-up online at Purolator eShip Webservices Program
- WordPress 3.1 + with WooCommerce 2.4 +
- PHP 5.4+ required (Woocommerce recommends PHP 5.6+)
- PHP cURL enabled (with outgoing Firewall configured if required)
- Purolator Account with API Access (free)
- PHP SimpleXML (enabled by default in most PHP setups)
- Product variations issue fix
- Woocommerce version support
- Margin adjustment feature for each service
- Box definition layout improvements
- More hooks/filters available to control options such as timeouts
- Woocommerce version support
- Updated to accommodate response times from Purolator webservice.
- Code refactoring and small improvements
- Rates for Countries that do not require a postal code
- Code improvements
- Added feature for Automatic updates
- Refactoring and code improvements
- Tracking updated to support PHP 7
- Added more details to Rates lookup logging
- Updated Woocommerce 3.x new methods
- Woocommerce 3.x support
- Fixed Optimized box selection.
- Fixed packing issue related to dimensions, Optimized box selection.
- Code improvements
- Refactored Box packing and added Volumetric Box packing algorithm
- Added feature: Exchange Rate (to make it more straightforward than using Margin for rates).
- Code improvements, more data and improved layout for Rates lookup logging.
- Optimized box packing, better box selection and box packing fixes
- Added feature: Limit Sending Address/Warehouses on Products (When using Multiple Sender Addresses)
- Added feature for multiple Class Rules
- Code improvements, PHP7 Support
- Custom Service names – Added feature to change the service name to a custom names
- New feature to customize the Delivered By label
- Code improvements, fixes
- Support for Shipping Zones in Woocommerce 2.6 (pre-release)
- Box margin – Allow for negative values
- New Feature: Settings area has now been organized into Tabs.
- New Feature: Multiple warehouses. You can now define more than one shipping origin for rates lookup and shipments. It uses geolocation when determining the closest shipment point to the destination postal code.
- Many other code improvements have been included in this version. More error checking and handling.
- Minor update for WordPress 4.1 support.
Version 1.1.3, 1.1.4
- Minor update to margin feature.
- Updated to support PackageTypes and additional Parcel Services.
- Ajax loading of Rates Logging panel
- Feature added to Validate API Credentials from settings page
- Shipping calculation works with products that have weight only (no dimensions)
- Rates are are sorted by cost from lowest to highest (ascending).
- Plugin is now fully English and French and supports WPML Multi-language plugin
- Bugfixes and code improvements
- Supports WooCommerce 2.0+
- Initial Release